St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital (STEGH) is one of the top hospital performers in Ontario for emergency department (ED) wait times. This community hospital’s best performing metrics within the South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
- Reduced ED Admitted Length of Stay (LOS) from 12 hours to 7 hours
- Reduced ED Non-Admitted Complex LOS from 5.2 hours to 7 hours
- Reduced ED Non-Admitted Non-Complex LOS from 3.2 hours to 2.35 hours
- Reduced ED Physician Initial Assessment (PIA) time from 2.3 hours to 1.7 hours
- Reduced ALC patients from 26% to 13%
- Reduced occupancy rates of 95- 103% to 80% consistently